Each month, we will be selecting guests to share three links of interest with us; their picks can be anything that has resonated with them recently, music-related or otherwise. This month's contributors include Mike Patton, Adam Gnade, Ben Weinman, and Fred Miketa.
[Dead Cross | Faith No More | Mr. Bungle, etc.]
I’m on a hobo kick right now, so here are 3 books that have given me juice:
1. Jim Tully - Circus Parade:
2. Jack Black - You Can't Win:
3. Jack London - The Road:
[Author | Pioneers Press]
1. New Blanck Mass:
2. The always essential Paris Review:
3. X-Ray Spex - "Germ Free Adolescents":
[The Dillinger Escape Plan | Party Smasher Inc.]
1. Synthetic DNA:
In January scientists created synthetic DNA. That's fucking nuts. I mean making robots is one thing, but being able to create synthetic organisms is crazy Westworld shit.
2. The SXSW North American debut of Sweden's Godmother:
It's rare that I actually want to rip limbs off these days. But I did that day.
Last month I felt my baby's foot pressing and kicking inside my lady's belly. So crazy. Alien shit. All science aside, that just feels insane.
1. Beach Slang - "The Perfect High":
No such thing as a perfect high, but shit rules. Way late to these freaks.
2. Afghan Whigs - "Demon in Profile":
Coke sex and shit.
3. Incendiary - "The Product is You":Brooklyn programmatic marketing fam.