Wednesday, April 24, 2019

PLANET B + Self-Titled Magazine

Luke Henshaw
"I was reintroduced to it in the early-to-mid ’90s and immediately became hypnotized by the patterns of the kicks and snares. These beats had me physically moving—that “head nodding shit”. To be honest, I didn’t even pay attention to the lyrics for a long while, and when I would purchase hip-hop wax, I preferred the instrumentals, over and over. I became so obsessed that when I was able to afford one, I put my guitars and bass down and purchased my first sampler, so I could make my own."
- Luke Henshaw

Read more about Luke Henshaw's top five drum kicks and snare samples and watch the new video for Planet B track "Brutal Evolution", via Self-Titled Magazine, here.

The video for “Brutal Evolution” was created by Turnstyle Films, and captures the ominous tension of Planet B's music, focusing specifically on human gluttony and thoughtless self-destruction.

Planet B is the collaboration between Justin Pearson (The Locust, Retox, Dead Cross) and producer Luke Henshaw (First Power Crew, Sonida de la Frontera). Pearson's electrifying, hardcore punk vocals combine with Henshaw's hip-hop, industrial, and film score influences – the result is a wildly new and successful example of unusual collabs, transcending genres.

Buy the new album, here:
http://smarturl.it/PlanetB

No comments:

Post a Comment