Friday, June 12, 2020

SPIRITWORLD - "Armageddon Honkytonk & Saloon"


SPIRITWORLD: Las Vegas band's new single "Armageddon Honkytonk & Saloon" marries apocalyptic hardcore and a country-western murder ballad

SpiritWorld has released new single "Armageddon Honkytonk & Saloon" from its upcoming new album, Pagan Rhythms.

Stream the song, here:
https://spiritworldprophet.bandcamp.com/track/armageddon-honkytonk-saloon

Pagan Rhythms will be released July 10th.

SpiritWorld is the work of Las Vegas-based artist, author, songwriter and vocalist, Stu Folsom, whose influences range from Slayer, Sepultura, and Bolt Thrower, to country icons like George Jones, country-punks like John Doe, and Western authors like Cormac McCarthy. In SpiritWorld these disparate influences are united in crushing, metallic hardcore that embodies the Western spirit of Folsom's hometown.

Folsom states: "I grew up in a household full of country. My grandmother came out to Nevada from Texas after the Great Depression when there was nothing here and raised a family off the land. My grandfather was a rodeo cowboy and ranch hand. I grew up on honky tonk music and rodeo with five brothers. My brothers got into hardcore punk and metal in the late '80s and early '90s so there was a mix of George Jones, Slayer and 7 Seconds constantly blasting in the family car and I fell in love with all of it... I am making the records that I long to hear and I know they will land somehow in the arms of loners, outcasts and working-class folks like me who need them."


Of the new single, he states: "This song is everything I love about hardcore and metal churned up in a blender with a country-western murder ballad."

Pagan Rhythms was engineered, mixed, and mastered by Sam Pura (The Story So Far, Self Defense Family).

The album features the playing of drummer extraordinaire Thomas Pridgen (The Mars Volta, Trash Talk, Suicidal Tendencies), among other musicians.

More info:
http://thechainworld.blogspot.com/2020/05/spiritworld-pagan-rhythms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment