Thursday, March 23, 2023

TUNIC - "My Body, My Blood"


TUNIC releases official music video for new single "My Body, My Blood"; Artoffact Records to release new album "Wrong Dream"; North American tour in May

Winnipeg trio Tunic has released the official music video for new single "My Body, My Blood."

The song appears on the band's new album, Wrong Dream, out April 28th via Artoffact Records.
 
Stream the video, here: https://www.invisibleoranges.com/tunic-video-premiere/

Pre-order the album, here: https://tunicband.bandcamp.com/album/wrong-dream

The video, created by Canadian sculptor/director Torin Langen, is a whimsical, retro-experimental work of art, replete with ghoulish masks, occult overtones, and silent-era charm.

Tunic's David Schellenberg says: "I was introduced to Torin Langen last spring when we played in Kitchener, Ontario. He said he was a fan of the band and that he made music videos. I started to see some of his work pop up on my socials and realized that his overly creepy, experimental, cult-like images would really work with our new material, especially 'My Body, My Blood.' I reached out to him and here we are."

New album Wrong Dream was recorded and mixed at Machines With Magnets by Seth Manchester (Metz, The Body, Liturgy, Lightning Bolt). Wrong Dream is Tunic's greatest and most engaging work to date; the band's tangle of dissonance and angst is laced with heart-swelling moments of melody, basslines evoking early post-punks like Gang of Four and Public Image Ltd., and odd instrumentation. While still rife with sounds that will perk the ears of old Tunic fans, and most Amphetamine Reptile or Three One G devotees, Wrong Dream sees Tunic assume an accessible new form – something closer in spirit to Fugazi than to anything that can be neatly boxed as "noise-punk" or "hardcore."

Teeming with raw, direct, vulnerable lyrics, the album's songs illustrate various forms of trauma from Schellenberg's past. Of the new single, "My Body, My Blood," he states: "This song is about mentally abusive relationships I was in, some romantic, some platonic. In one case I used to pretend I was asleep when this person came home so I didn't have to interact with them. I laid quietly in the dark to avoid them. In another I was verbally abused by a former business partner and it didn't matter that we were supposed to be equals. He talked down to me and broke my spirit. No matter who I was to him, I was on the bottom."

Tunic hits the road in May for a full North American tour.

May 3 - Fargo, ND - The Aquarium
May 5 - Minneapolis, MN - Mortimers
May 6 - Milwaukee, WI - Cactus Club
May 7 - Detroit, MI - City Club
May 8 - Windsor, ON - The Meteor
May 9 - Waterloo, ON - Dive Bar
May 11 - Toronto, ON - Orwell's
May 12 - Ottawa, ON - Rainbow
May 13 - Montreal, QC - Turbo Haus
May 14 - Boston, MA - O'Briens
May 15 - Brooklyn, NY - Saint Vitus
May 16 - Allentown, PA - Red Door at Muhlenberg College
May 18 - Washington, DC - Pie Shop
May 19 - Nashville, TN - DRKMTTR
May 20 - Kansas City, MO - Farewell
May 21 - Chicago, IL - The Empty Bottle
May 25 - Saskatoon, SK - Black Cat Tavern
May 26 - Edmonton, AB - The Aviary
May 27 - Calgary, AB - The Palomino Smokehouse

More info and images: https://thechainworld.blogspot.com/2023/02/tunic-wrong-dream.html

Photo by Adam Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment