Tuesday, June 7, 2022

THE BEARER - "Let It Burn"


THE BEARER: metallic hardcore rippers break ties with religion on new single "Let It Burn"

Austin, Texas band The Bearer has revealed new single "Let It Burn," from its upcoming new album, Chained to a Tree. The metallic hardcore unit's first full-length, Chained to a Tree will be released July 1st on Silent Pendulum Records.



From the album's first note through its last, The Bearer barrels forth, possessed by the same fiery spirit that once burned inside the likes of Converge and Botch. Like those bands, The Bearer's brand of hardcore punk is wildly emotional yet supremely structured. A fine balance of chaos and control, songs careen on the brink of derailment but the speeding train always stays on the track.

Drummer Colton Siegmund is one of that rare breed of singing drummers – to which Code Orange's Jami Morgan also belongs – who can scream with throat-scouring conviction whilst pounding the drums like a boss.

Siegmund gives this statement about the new single: “‘Let It Burn’ details my thoughts of the church after spending five years of my life in it, constantly being taken advantage of and eventually abandoned. I was at one point a youth leader, a worship leader and a sound tech, all while not being compensated. When I let it be known that I could no longer spend my time doing so for free, I was offered an unpaid internship. I left the church that day and none of the leaders ever reached out to or spoke to me again. This is just one example of a time when organized religion hurt me and this song is me letting that part of my life burn."

Chained to a Tree was engineered and mixed by Andrew Hernandez (Mammoth Grinder, This Will Destroy You). The artwork was created by Alexandre Goulet (All Out War, Despised Icon).

Photo by Zach Brigham-Delude

No comments:

Post a Comment