Thursday, December 7, 2017

"Love Oakland" benefit comp + Culture Creature

Artwork by John Felix Arnold III

“I wanted Love Oakland to be really special. The community in Oakland welcomed me when I moved there and I wanted to give back. One of the first people I met when I moved to Oakland was Ara Jo; she passed in the fire. I was able to get a recording of her band HGS and get it onto the record. Being able to do that made me really happy. … Without the help of so many people there is no way this record would have happened.”
-Ed Taylor, Loose Grip Records owner

In light of the one year anniversary of the Ghost Ship Fire tragedy, we are focusing on the “Love Oakland” benefit LP- a compilation of twelve songs dedicated to the 36 people that lost their lives in the Ghost Ship Fire of Oakland, CA on December 2nd, 2016.

Read a brief summary of the benefit, as well as stream the tracks, via Culture Creature, here.


Love Oakland tracklist:
  1. Damaged Bug - Anchorite Showdown
  2. Planet B - Never Let Me Down Again
  3. Nopes - Shedding
  4. Naked Lights - Hyde
  5. Scraper - Lookin' for Pain
  6. HGS - Mopey Monster / Klown March
  7. Saba Lou - Love Letter Full of Promises
  8. New Faultlines - Mendocino
  9. Tony Molina - Fluff
  10. King Khan - The Mourning Song
  11. Silver Shadows - You Were Right (Part Time Punks Session)
  12. Jaime Paul Lamb - When I'm Gone


No comments:

Post a Comment